Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Survivor Season 41 Premier 9/22/21

 I was right there tonight with host Jeff Probst all misty at the return of Survivor.  It's turning another corner in the direction of the world as we knew it.

I have had a hard time liking castaways from the last several seasons of Survivor.  I would like to the show to not bring back returning players from past seasons again for a very long time.

Tonight, all new, fresh, faces.  Also, one of the most likeable casts I have seen in a long time.  My favorite from tonight's episode is J. D., a young, sweet, enthusiastic young man who loves the game and was thrilled with every moment. He just glows.


 Of course he was too likeable for some of his teammates, so he was potentially targeted to be voted out.  

I'm sure they needed a bit of drama among all of these sweetheart Survivors.  So Ricard, who is probably as nice as everyone, was the edited mustache twirling villain of the piece.  Luckily J D escaped being sent home.  I shouldn't get attached.

The episode was fast paced, action packed, with lots of new twists and turns.  One of them is that there are only 26 days instead of the usual 39 so everything will be whirlwind.

This will be a very good season, I predict.  When you actually don't want to see anyone voted out at tribal council in the first episode, you know you're onto something.

No comments:

Post a Comment