Wednesday, September 1, 2021

What's Cooking September 1, 2021

If you're the person doing the cooking, this is a good thing! 



What was actually cooking this evening here at DOA was Spaghetti and Meatballs.  I use Betty Crocker's Marinara Sauce recipe, mixing all ingredients in a blender first because I prefer a nice smooth sauce.  I also use only 3-4 cloves of garlic, depending on the size of the cloves.

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/marinara-sauce/51c1d39e-d346-4be1-a0f7-d3c3126c9606

 For the meatballs, I use 12 Tomatoes "perfect meatball recipe".  For these, I use a small scoop to form the meatballs, and place them on two pans and bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees.  I put about half in the crockpot with the sauce, and freeze the other half for the next time.  Cook on high for about three hours and it's really tasty.  I recommend using a finely shredded parmesan for the meatball.

https://12tomatoes.com/dinner-recipe-spaghetti-with-homemade-meatballs/ 

 


This is serendipitous.  My son and daughter in law sent me a link to try a biscuits and gravy casserole they found on TikTok.   

Here we see the world has left me behind in the dirt.  I looked for a link to the written recipe in the comments of the video, looked up the name of the video maker, looked up the site. I simply wanted a list of the ingredients and amounts used, with written directions, because it's easier to look at something like that while you're cooking.  Nooo. Nothing like that.  

So I watched the thing about ten times, scrawled ingredients and amounts as fast as I could, then wrote instructions for myself as to what the layering order should be.

We're having it tomorrow night.  Could be good, could be gross.  I try to make requested dishes, but oof.  Write. It. Down. Someplace. 

 


 

See how nicely the English Kitchen gives the ingredients and layering directions to her Magic Chicken Pie:

https://www.theenglishkitchen.co/2016/09/magic-chicken-pie.html

 

I loved Log Cabin Syrup growing up, but once I tried thick, buttery Mrs. Buttersworth syrup, that's all I want.


Dept of pretty, but likely gross, Dr Pepper floats.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment