Friday, August 14, 2015

DOA Menu Planning 101



I make a menu now weekly and shop just for what I need for the week accordingly.  I've decided to go a month at a time.  Somehow I feel this will allow me to put all of our favorite meals in a rotation, and plug in at least one new to us meal at least once per week.

I like this template from No Ordinary Moments


She says it is an editable PDF but it didn't come up as editable on my screen.  I'd rather print it out and have it handy in the kitchen in any case.

Here is my own weekly planner:


I take a list similar to this to the store with me after writing out a menu (can't find in my documents grrr).






Here's a list of our Standard, stick these in the menu if I'm not inspired meals.  Each to their own!  There is plenty of room in a month long menu to use some of these and look through recipe books and cooking blogs for new things to try.

Tacos
Pizza using purchased sauce/dough or Pizza with homemade sauce and homemade dough with Garlic Bread
Burgers/Fries/Malts
Creamed Beef on Toast
Grilled Cheese
Roast /Mashed Potatoes and Gravy/ Corn/ Rolls
Chicken Breasts with Gravy/  Rice/ 4 Cheese Potatoes/Veg
Sloppy Joes and BBQ Chips
Chicken Nuggets/Homemade Mac and Cheese/Fruit
Brats/Dogs/Kraft Mac and Cheese
Pork Chops/Augratins/Veg
Beef Stew
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Chicken Noodle Soup/Bread/Cheese and Crackers
Chicken Pot Pie (Homemade)
 Ham/Augratin or Julienne Potatoes/Corn/Salad
H Helper
Chow Mien


No comments:

Post a Comment