Sunday, July 13, 2008

The 22nd Thing: What I Learned Today

For this thing, I am to make a resolution to maintain my blog, and to ask myself every day what I learned today. Hmmmm.

I clearly have designed the blog and the Librarian D.O.A. persona to have staying power beyond the initial 23 things purpose.

I named the blog Librarian D.O.A. because I'm a brat and I have grown tired of everyone saying libraries are dead, and nobody uses them and we must reinvent ourselves to be something useful and blah blah blah.

We have so many visitors of all ages in our library everyday. We were closed for three months for remodeling recently and I think we were all surprised by how much our customers loved us (yes we're talking L-O-V-E), and how much we actually adore 98% of them right back (bad, bad two percenters!).

There aren't many places like libraries left. The fact that we do all of the traditional services plus offer help with all the wild new technologies and formats and make people comfortable with those new things everyday in addition to teaching classes and you name it...we are too cool! Libraries are without a doubt the best bargain for your money anytime, anyplace. Libraries aren't dying out, folks, we are just getting started. Who knows where we can go?

What I learned today:

How to use our digital camera and post videos to my blog. This is the start of something beautiful.

People love skeletons. The new avatar I found is a hit on Minnesota Readers (Gather) and I have folk wanting to befriend little Ms D.O.A.

My husband will be a great cameraman for D.O.A. Productions going forward.

The dog is a natural.

The little rubber skeleton we had sitting around the house fits into some doll clothes I also had on hand.

Thing 23 and I'm outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment