Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Things and Beyond

Thinginess

Here is my first post "post-23 Things". I am still pleased I finished this time, and ahead of time. I wanted to not only be a "finisher" but I wanted to take control of my blog for my own diabolical purposes and guilt free write about other Things.

My resolution to keep using the Things tools will of course cause me to write more of Things 23-ish. For instance, I am so glad I followed my boss's example this time around and created a 23 Things notebook with my notes and usernames and passwords. There are far more than 23 accounts to be created and anyone could become confused, especially D.O.A. types who are daydreaming most hours of the day, even when we appear focused.

I had a couple of comments and friends requests on both Gather and Ning, so I wanted to go in and respond to those. Thanks heavens for my little notebook. I had trouble on Ning actually finding the 23 Things page. Logging in at the main Ning screen I found I had no social networks, alas, though I signed up on the 23 Things page. I searched for 23 Things in the search box and got no useful results (maybe it was buried 10 pages in...). So, back to the now beloved 23 Things site to use the link there. Bookmarked the 23 Things Ning Thing, now I'm good.

On Gather, I accepted both personal invitations to be buds, what the heck. (Note! I asked for notice of when one of the people commented or wrote an article and Holy Spamula! 305!!!! comments from this person, yikes yikes in a mere half a day. Nobody has that much to say!)

I also received invitations to two groups. I did fill in some information here regarding my interests but the two invites were nothing to do with anything I would really be interested in. This makes me wonder if people running these groups sometimes just invite anyone new to swell their numbers of apparent members. For future reference, although I believe firmly in both Tolerance and Justice, I think one on one in the real world is the best way to live out those ideals. And, I am not interested in taking over the world, I also do not need invites to groups such as "Leading from the inside out".

I did leap to join a featured new group for video game enthusiasts. Though it is apparently just me and the guy who created the group, this is something I am really interested in, and since my son is off at college I don't have anyone to jabber with this about :( My husband listens politely, but it is just the same for me when he talks sports or math...you can see the mind slipping away and the ears closing their flaps pretty quickly.

D.O.A. out...

No comments:

Post a Comment