Friday, July 18, 2008

Which Jane Austen Heroine are you? A Literary Quiz

I'm not a fool for an online quiz or anything, but in order to keep things lively here at D.O.A. I am on the lookout for interesting stuff for the faithful (and ye, even the faithless reader). I'm also trying to master the inserted link thingie. Here is where I confess I have never read a Jane Austen book. I took the quiz nonetheless and I'm pretty sure my Jane Austen character is a real mousey type. Tsk. This tells you how reliable these things are. If you can believe it, I once took a "Which Star Wars character are you?", confident I am just a mirror of Luke Skywalker. But nooo. I came out to be Jar Jar Binks. No chance. I am however, probably the only person on the planet who actually is fond of Jar Jar. Sweet, well meaning Jar Jar. On to the Quiz:

http://www.strangegirl.com/emma/quiz.php

(Bah curses on html and its trickeries. I will have to learn this stuff or die! Oops...already D.O.A.)

5 comments:

  1. And...this is a good thing, right? I suppose she's the heroine of the tale. Congrats!

    I see you put the picture link on the Lush blog. I didn't want the pic of Ms Weak-Willed who is supposed to be me here. Just a live link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, because she ends up with Colin Firth. Rawr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Colin Firth, that makes it all different! Be sure I won't tell you-know-who that you'll be running off with Colin :)

    If you were going to recommend a Jane Austen book to someone who had never read her, that they would be sure to like, which one would it be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I would probably say Pride & Prejudice. It's the one that gets adapted the most, and is usually the one kids read in HS (if they read her at all). My second favorite is probably Sense and Sensibility.

    As for movie adaptations, the A&E series with Colin Firth is The Gold Standard as far as adaptations of P&P go. Brisget Jones is basically P&P in modern day England, and Bride and Prejudice is the story in India.

    Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet is also excellent, and I like that story too. Clueless is Emma, but I'm not as fond of Emma as I am of P&P and S&S--she's a pretty whiny (and clueless--ha!) main character.

    ReplyDelete