Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Link, Therefore I Am

I have been going bonkers trying to figure out how to make what I now know are called "clickable links". I'm not someone who tries to learn every little detail of something new. There is only so much available file space in D.O.A. Skull Central, so I learn the parts I need as I need them.

Behind the scenes here at D.O.A. I have been banging my head against the wall of creating links within my posts. Finally, I stumbled upon Dummies Guide to Blogger: How to make a clickable link

Peter Chen's Dummies Guide to Blogger is a great source for all your blogger questions. He was able to make me understand what a "target" is, like I could pound it into my wee skull in my previous readings...bleh. And, I could see I needed to highlight the text I wanted to be my link, then press the Insert Link button in the Blogger toolbar.

He does not cover the little bit of fiendishness with Active X Controls in Explorer 7+ that makes you say yes, temporarily allow pop up scripting windows. Then you have to press the Insert Links button again before you can copy and paste your desired URL into the scripting window. And make sure you get rid of the extra http:// if you copy and paste one into the window since one is automatically inserted.

I went back and corrected some of my recent linkless posts which are now tidily linked.

No comments:

Post a Comment