Thursday, March 12, 2009

All God's Children Get Weary When They Roam, Don't It Make You Wanna Go Home?



Today we say goodbye to the silver men and women on the docks, to the guys who jump out from dead shrubbery and say "you've had the thrill now pay the bill" and the guy who asked "Do you want to hear a really good joke today"? (he was sitting by the docks, wild hair blowing in the wind, not at Punchline).

Goodbye to the trolleys, the hills, the beautiful homes from another century lovingly restored. A beautiful, fun packed city if ever there was one.

Back to deep cold and more snow! Aggghhh! Go away snow, I want the spring weather that we've seen here.

Still I'm ready to sleep in my own bed and I miss everyone at home and work. I miss my little beagles.

The title is from an old song by Joe South, for all you old rock fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment