Wednesday, April 1, 2009

More Things on a Stick Thing 29: Google Tools



Search Tools

The most useful of these for me is Google News, my favorite aggregate news source. It is easy to see what is going on around the world at a glance, and there hundreds of articles to follow up on topics of interest. I find that a topic of interest might not always appear in the category I expect so I will use the search box at the top of the page to look it up.

Productivity

I signed up for a GMail account and like the many options. I may try the option of having my contacts from Yahoo moved into GMail and it looks like you can get you mail sent to the new GMail box as well so I can migrate over if I wish.

Easy access to Picasa might be good next time I'm traveling and am struggling with slow connection speeds and Flickr's vagaries.

I really like the easy to use calendar. I notoriously am bad about my Outlook calendar which is ponderous but this GMail one, very slick. It has the added advatage of not being something I can leave on my desk or in my car or who knows where.

Google docs looks to have potential uses, I'll have to look into it a bit more. Mobile document storage?

No comments:

Post a Comment