Saturday, November 12, 2016

Saturday Night At The Movies: Doctor Strange

I read a few Doctor Strange comics and liked the character and his occult approach to being a superhero right at the end of my comics reading years.



The movie was fun, I loved Tilda Swinton as The Ancient One and Chilwatel Ejiofor as Baron Mordo.   I loved Strange's buddy The Cloak.

Benedict Cumberbatch made for a very appealing Strange.  Brilliant but broken and ready to learn.   I thought he was perhaps too good of a student, learning way too fast.  At least he didn't gain much wisdom wise and he has a long way to go before he puts others above himself, so there is some character arc to work on ahead.



The city twisting visuals reminded me too much of Inception and took away a bit from the sense of wonder that seeing his powers develop might have had.

I liked the touches of humor throughout.  I hope Mordo will be back, by Thor's Hammer!

No comments:

Post a Comment