I bought Acrylic Paint thinking it would cover well. The sales person at the store thought spray paint might be a better way to go, but I learned that I haven't a good even hand for spray painting. Acrylic seemed best.
I managed to get most of a base coat on, but the paint took well in some spots and not others and well, here it is, this week's feature.
My plan for these WIP Wednesdays is to select projects which could actually be finished if I spent a wee bit of time on them. This one is doable, now it is back out of project storage.
Last week's WIP (aka The Shroud) is coming along nicely. There is white yarn woven into the main part of the throw, so a white border is looking nice. I have it folded here, so you can see I'm on the second row around. I have plenty of white yarn so I think I would like at least four rows around for the contrast. It's all single crochet which goes really fast, and is a pleasure to work on. Except, I've been doing double crochet for so long that if my mind wanders, I'm doubling out of habit.
I've done nothing since last week on my Skulduggery project except translate the crochet pattern speak into regular English for myself so I can move forward.
Chain 1 in the same double crochet as the join
1 single crochet in the next double crochet
Single crochet, chain 3, single crochet in the next double crochet
Repeat step 2
Repeat step three
Ch 1, sc in same dc as join,
*sc in next dc, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next dc;
repeat from * to last dc